Personal training is the process of exercises instructed by a personal trainer. Trainers work with people for one-on-one exercise sessions, or in small group sessions
So, who is a personal trainer?
A personal trainer is someone certified and educated in health and fitness to create and guide you through a safe, effective exercise program. In a one-on-one setting, they will lead you through intentional and personalized workouts targeted to achieve your goals. They will be teaching, monitoring, and supporting you every step of the way.
Who Uses a Personal Trainer?
At CrossFit LPF, we work with clients who choose personal training for many different reasons, such as:
- New to CrossFit – If you’re new to CrossFit, our coaches will teach you how to perform the basic movements we use in our workouts. During these private sessions, you will get individualized attention where you can progress at your own pace.
- A Previous Injury – If you need modifications or rehabilitative exercises due to a recent or chronic injury, our coaches can guide you on how to continue exercising to promote healing without aggravating symptoms.
- To Achieve a Specific Goal – Working one-on-one with a coach can help you learn and achieve a specific objective like how to climb a rope, get a pull-up, increase your squat depth, or improve your Olympic lifts. You will gain tips on how to improve and master your movement.
- Training for a Specific Event – Some choose personal training to prepare for the fire or police academy, a CrossFit competition, your first obstacle course, or a marathon. This training will optimize the skills you need to dominate your big event.
Benefits of Personal Training
Customized Workouts – Personal training sessions consist of exercises tailored to you and your needs for that day. Maybe you didn’t get much sleep last night and need a lighter workout for today. Perhaps you’ve joined a recreational basketball league and want to incorporate more sport-specific training into your workout regimen. A good personal trainer can adapt your workouts for any changes in your life.
Personal Attention – If you want a trainer watching and supporting you to ensure that you’re moving with proper form, to figure out why you can’t quite get a movement, or to motivate you through your least favourite exercise … then personal training might be for you! You’ll have their undivided attention throughout your session. This increases opportunities for feedback, which significantly decreases your risk of injury.
Calmer Environment – Listen, not everyone wants to be a social butterfly 24/7, and that’s okay! While it’s always exciting to watch your fellow athletes get their first pull-ups and PR their back squats, sometimes it’s nice to just be able to focus on you.
Accountability – Consistency is KEY. Ehen it comes to exercise, a good personal trainer can help hold you accountable with their support. They can give you the push you need to continue showing up and putting in the work. Even on the days you really don’t feel like it.
How to Choose the Right Personal Trainer for You
Finding a personal trainer who will be a good match for you is important. Many CrossFit boxes offer personal training in addition to traditional, group fitness-style classes. Here are some excellent tips to consider when seeking out trainers at local affiliates:
- Check the gym’s website to see what different programs they offer. Look for a “Personal Training” option.
- Read through the bios of the coaches who provide personal training. Find someone you might be interested in working with. See if they have certifications in any speciality areas, like Mobility or Gymnastics, that align with your goals.
- Read the gym’s reviews on Google to see what community members have to say about the environment, team members, and workouts.
Personal training is an excellent option for people looking to achieve their health and fitness goals with one-on-one guidance. You will be coached by trained professionals with customized workouts. Personal training offers something for everyone. Whether it is just for a one-time session to learn a specific skill or multiple weekly sessions to get routine exercise.
At CrossFit LPF, you can mix and match personal training with group classes to find what suits you best. We have multiple highly skilled, experienced, and welcoming trainers ready to get you started. Get to know them on our website at Our Team – CrossFit LPF.